Sunday 30 May 2010

My last birthday before I am a mummy.

It was my 33rd birthday on Thursday.
I didn't really feel much like having a birthday at the moment what with Joey being so poorly and me feeling so tired from the pregnancy, having a really bad cold and insomnia (lately emphasised by Joey creating and calling throughout the night).

Thing is you don't really have a choice if you want a birthday or not, they just happen and you can celebrate them or let others do all the celebrating for you. I chose the latter, though I have every intention of throwing some kind of belated birthday/imminent baby arrival bash in a few weeks once the house is sorted and Joey is well again. Can't wait! I love summer parties.

The night before my birthday was Knit, Natter, Stitch and Chatter night and Julie had very kindly made us all some chocolate crispie cakes, which were great. They had sultanas, cranberries, marshmellows and digestives mixed in with them. Amazing food cupboard clear out recipe or what! Mine was a special one as you can see by the picture. They even sang me Happy Birthday.


I got lots of lovely cards and presents from Mr B and all my friends and family which amongst other things included tea towels from four different friends, how well they know me. I love kitchen stuff and you can't beat a fancy tea towel. Why settle for anything less hanging in your kitchen?


So here's the selection (from left to right) MD got me Rayburn tea towels (we now have an aqua colour Rayburn as part of our new kitchen. Don't worry I'll show you some pics when the room's all done and dusted) Jill sent me (amongst many lovely things) this Tunnocks teacake one. We love Tunnocks, milk or dark their foily retroness make a party a party. If you've never had one you must try, as far as I can think back their packaging has never changed (just part of their appeal). Little Miss Ingham got me the stripey Joules for Aga one, very fetching and Joy bought me a pair of Cath Kidston. One of which is the same pattern as a mug I own, will I lose it when drying up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear from my followers so please leave your comments on my posts. Thanks Mrs P x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails