Monday 24 October 2011

Charming!

For the last few years I've had something on my list of things to get sorted, finally last month it got done. My Grannys charm bracelet (a present from my Grandad) had been sat tarnished and tatty in it's original box for around half a century.
          

I'm sure you'll agree that it was money well spent getting it all cleaned up and the charms re soldered on. Tradition is that a new charm would be added at each Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas. I doubt my Granny (at the grand age of 95) can remember which was bought when but there is no doubt a story behind each one.

I couldn't wait to wear it out somewhere and did so the first chance I got, to a lovely dinner with Mr & Mrs B to mark (that) Mr B's return from America. We had a really nice evening out thanks to Millie and Nick taking up their roles as 'Best Auntie and Uncle' by babysitting, we left them a nice vege cottage pie in the Rayburn to take the winters chill off the evening. Full tums all round. Lovely friends X

4 comments:

  1. I love charm bracelets and that one really is lovely, and i love how each charm has a meaning! I used to have one from claire's i bought a new charm for every time i got pocket money but it was way tacky compared to that! definitely worth getting it all fixed up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alice, I loved wearing it too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hearts and the skis, this is the most lovely one I think I have seen and has reminded me I have my Nana's bracelet somewhere. It has place names on it but I'm sure I could add some charms x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Alexandra, the skis are one of my favourites too. It'd be lovely if you started collecting charms to add to yours x

    ReplyDelete

It's great to hear from my followers so please leave your comments on my posts. Thanks Mrs P x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails